Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why?

I've been looking all over for clubs/societies in NYC or even websites which promote philosophical discussion, but I haven't really been able to find any.  So, even though I won't have a large audience, I've decided to start this blog (there are other reasons also).

Basically, put in different terms.

Problem(s):  My life is boring.  I haven't found a way to efficiently think about/discuss issues about human nature and society which I believe are important.  I miss the philosophical/theological education and discourse I was able to have at Boston College.

Solution:  Start a blog. 

I realize that my opinion is no better than anyone else's so I am going to try to refrain from bragging and talking about myself and things like that, but I know that writing is inherently selfish, so feel free to chastise me for doing this.

2 comments:

  1. Jon,

    I am so excited about the blog. I too miss the philosophical/theological discussion we had a BC and feel as though I haven't used my brain adequately since then. Even though I'm in grad school! So what's the first subject matter going to be? I will respond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to propose the following topic as the first topic for your blog- underground rap. Followed by Europeans, specifically ones that go by the names Fabio and Nicola....deep enough? :)

    ReplyDelete