Sunday, May 17, 2009

Broken Promise

Every time I say I am going to write a certain topic, I never do, so I'll probably stop doing that in the future.  

Focus has always been a problem for me.  I feel like I should be devoting my time to issues or life questions which are important to me (i.e. religious belief, purpose, etc.), but work, temporary pleasure, laziness, and material distractions get in the way.  For example, I was moving for the past few days and busy with work, and I didn't really think about much the whole time.  That makes me feel useless.  There are books I have been meaning to read for the past 5 or 6 years and I still haven't even started them.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I don't like the fact that I have a sense that I will be around for another day and can just procrastinate on thought and activity.

One of my former professors posted an article about debate on facebook a few days ago - I just saw it and thought it was interesting.  Here is the link:

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/316614-3/Perspective/Debate_In_the_Public_Square/

No comments:

Post a Comment